The Architecture Program provides students with a comprehensive set of skills to prepare them for a career in Architecture.The architecture design studio is the central core of the curriculum, this is supported by the four thematic areas: architectural history and theory, architectural technology (construction, structures, environment), architectural communication (skills and techniques) and architectural management and practice. Electives are also included in the course of study to ensure that students receive a well-rounded academic base that will enhance both their personal and professional development. The programme prepares graduates to continue their studies if they wish to pursue an academic career, an/or prepares them for a labour market orientation.The programme was developed through working closely with the professional associations of Cyprus, thus graduates are prepared to work in the local industry if they so choose.The programme has been designed in accordance with the eleven points of the European Commission’s Architects Directive for the transformation of higher education in Europe initiated by the Bologna declaration; at the same time it acknowledges the importance of constructing a unique identity and catering for diversity in architectural education as influenced by local conditions (culture, climate, local market and needs etc).
Graduates from this programme are prepared to pursue a higher level of education, such as a Master or apply for PhD studies. Students who receive the 5 year Professional Diploma, can prepare for the ETEK qualifications in order to register as a local architect. Students who graduate from the programme are fully equipped to work in local or international architecture, urban design, landscape, interior design or other design offices, either private or public.
Πρόσβαση σε Περαιτέρω Σπουδές
Οι απόφοιτοι του προγράμματος μπορούν να γίνουν δεκτοί σε σπουδές δεύτερου κύκλου (Μεταπτυχιακές Σπουδές)
On completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Create architectural designs that satisfy both aesthetic and technical requirements.
- Critically discuss the history and theories of architecture and the related arts, technologies and human sciences.
- Identify with the fine arts as an influence on the quality of architectural design.
- Apply knowledge of urban design, planning and the skills involved in the planning process.
- Apply an understanding of the relationship between people and buildings, and between buildings and their environment, and of the need to relate buildings and the spaces between them to human needs and scale.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the profession of architecture and the role of the architect in society, in particular in preparing briefs that take into account social factors.
- Utilise the methods of investigation and preparation of the brief for a design project.
- Assess structural design, constructional and engineering problems associated with building design.
- Understanding of physical problems, technologies and of the function of buildings so as to provide them with internal conditions of comfort and protection against the climate.
- Meet building users’ requirements within the constraints imposed by cost factors and building regulations.
- Translate design concepts into buildings and integrate plans into overall planning by utilising an adequate knowledge of the industries, organisations, regulations and procedures involved.
Ο φοιτητής πρέπει να συμπληρώσει 300 ECTS καθώς και όλες τις απαιτήσεις του προγράμματος.
Ο ελάχιστος απαιτούμενος γενικός βαθμός (CPA) είναι 2.0. Παρά το γεγονός ότι με το βαθμό ‘D-‘ το μάθημα θεωρείται ότι ολοκληρώθηκε επιτυχώς, ο απαιτούμενος μέσος όρος είναι το ‘C’ για να επιτευχθεί ο ελάχιστος απαιτούμενος γενικός βαθμός (CPA) 2.0.
Η γλώσσα του Προγράμματος είναι η Αγγλική (Τα μαθήματα του πρώτου και δεύτερου χρόνου προσφέρονται επίσης και στα Ελληνικά).
Ενδεικτικό Πρόγραμμα Σπουδών
- Introduction to Architectural Design 12 ECTS Credits
- Introduction to Structures 4 ECTS Credits
- History of Architecture I 4 ECTS Credits
- Fundamentals of Drawing 2 ECTS Credits
- Experiencing Architecture 2 ECTS Credits
- English Composition 6 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Design I 12 ECTS Credits
- Construction Materials and Finishes 4 ECTS Credits
- History of Architecture II 4 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Communication Skills 4 ECTS Credits
- Technical Writing and Research 6 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Design II 12 ECTS Credits
- Structural Mechanics – Statics I 4 ECTS Credits
- Structural Mechanics – Statics I 4 ECTS Credits
- Landscape Architecture 4 ECTS Credits
- Computer Aided Design 4 ECTS Credits
- Photography I 6 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Design III 12 ECTS Credits
- Structural Mechanics – Statics II 4 ECTS Credits
- Space and Light 4 ECTS Credits
- Introduction to Architectural Theory 4 ECTS Credits
- Cultural Heritage 2 ECTS Credits
- Advanced Computer Aided Design 4 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Design IV – Urban Design 12 ECTS Credits
- Construction I (Masonry/Reinforced Concrete) 4 ECTS Credits
- Preservation and Restoration of Architectural Heritage 4 ECTS Credits
- Construction Workshop 2 ECTS Credits
- History and Theory of the City 4 ECTS Credits
- Contemporary Architects 4 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Design V – Building Technology 12 ECTS Credits
- Construction II (Timber/Steel) 4 ECTS Credits
- Building Services 4 ECTS Credits
- Advanced Spatial Theories 4 ECTS Credits
- Advanced CAD and Mixed Media 4 ECTS Credits
- Architecture Catalyst I 2 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Design VI 12 ECTS Credits
- Sustainable Design 4 ECTS Credits
- History and Theory of Sustainable Design 4 ECTS Credits
- Rethinking Architecture 4 ECTS Credits
- Architectural Practice and Project Management 4 ECTS Credits
- Architecture Catalyst II 2 ECTS Credits
- Advanced Architectural Studio 12 ECTS Credits
- Perceptions of Architecture 4 ECTS Credits
- Special Topics in Architecture 4 ECTS Credits
- Work Placement 6 ECTS Credits
- Visualising Urbanity 4 ECTS Credits
- Introduction to Final Project 12 ECTS Credits
- Thesis 18 ECTS Credits
- Final Project 30 ECTS Credits