The aims of the MSc in Oil, Gas and Energy Engineering are to:
- Prepare graduate students to succeed in a constantly growing, demanding, and highly competitive technological world;
- Provide specialization and extensive knowledge on the area of oil and gas energy engineering;
- Create an academic environment conducive to learning new oil and gas energy engineering concepts and technologies;
- Introduce graduate students to research on advanced oil, gas and energy engineering topics;
- Cultivate analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Promote engineering ethics and moral practices.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide specialized advanced knowledge and tools to our graduates in order to cope successfully in a technologically challenging environment;
- Facilitate learning in areas of oil, gas and energy engineering that are directly linked to industry and current state-of-the-art technology;
- Provide the theoretical and computational skills necessary for the solution of both theoretical and practical engineering problems;
- Provide practical and experimental hands-on experience that allows the students to link directly to fundamental knowledge and theory;
- Prepare graduates to work alone or in groups in order to provide engineering solutions;
- Prepare graduates to design/implement systems and processes towards the solution of engineering problems;
- Promote research, develop research skills and provide fundamental knowledge to support a successful career in research and development;
- Develop the ability of the graduates to write technical reports and scientific papers as well as to present their work before an audience;
- Provide the graduates with the opportunity to develop a greater technical competence in their area and become successful professionals throughout their lifetime;
- Prepare graduates so that they may be admitted to and successfully complete a PhD program in Oil, Gas and Energy engineering or related fields.
This field offers very good career opportunities. Energy consumption grows steadily around the world, and investments in drilling and exploitation of energy resources, in particular gas and oil, are anticipated to continue strong. Thus, the global employment outlook is promising. It is further expected that the discovery of oil and gas in the Cyprus Exclusive Economic Zone will prompt the establishment of new companies and operations with an increasing number of job opportunities. Graduates of the Master’s program can be employed in a number of sectors including off-shore exploration, product refineries, on-shore liquefying natural gas (LNG) terminal, chemical manufacturing industries and research.
Πρόσβαση σε Περαιτέρω Σπουδές
Graduates of the programme have direct access to 3rd cycle studies (PhD), in this or a related field, at the University of Nicosia or other institutions in Cyprus, the EU and the USA/Canada.
Upon successful completion of this programme the graduates are expected to:
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of oil and gas science and engineering and apply safety and risk management techniques;
- Identify, formulate and solve complex oil, gas and energy engineering problems;
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints;
- Analyze and evaluate the economics of oil and gas industry and the oil and gas energy markets;
- Develop solutions that meet the desired needs within the economic, manufacturing and sustainability borders;
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice and research;
- Function and communicate effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
The student must complete 90 ECTS. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D- ‘is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
Ενδεικτικό Πρόγραμμα Σπουδών
- Petroleum Geolgy 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Drilling Engineering 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Geophysical Methods 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Energy Efficiency 7.5 ECTS Credits
Semester 2 ECTS Credits
- Reservoir Engineering 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Well Engineering 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Oil and Gas Transport Networks 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Petroleum Refining Processes 7.5 ECTS Credits
Semester 3 ECTS Credits
- LNG Systems 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Production Engineering 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Health, Safety and Risk Management 7.5 ECTS Credits
- Environmental Impact Assessment 7.5 ECTS Credits
ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΗΣΤΕ ΜΕ ΤΗΝ ΓΡΑΜΜΑΤΕΙΑ