The Master in Technology & Innovation Management (MTIM) program builds upon the technical strengths of engineers and scientists by providing them with skills and knowledge to manage technology and innovation within their organizations. The MTIM program is suitable for those working in the public or private sectors.
Call for Applications
The School of Production Engineering and Management and the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the Technical University of Crete (Greece) organize an one-year intensive interdisciplinary Joint Postgraduate Program in: ‘Technology and Innovation Management (M.T.I.M.)’
M.T.I.M. leads in a Master’s of Science (MSc) degree and has been approved by the Ministry of Education (Government Gazette 4119/20-9-2018).
The Master of Technology & Innovation Management (M.T.I.M.) program builds upon the technical strengths of engineers and scientists by providing them with skills and knowledges to manage technology and innovation within their organizations.
The M.T.I.M. program is suitable for those who work in the public or private sector, especially on management and innovation issues, entrepreneurship, new product design and development, consumer behavior, innovation finance, innovation management and business negotiation, legal business issues, invention and intellectual property, business intelligence, e-business, big data analytics, new innovative technologies, etc. Through deeper knowledge, executives will be able to comprehend problems, trace opportunities and possibilities as well as evaluate the importance and effects on different businesses and sectors. Furthermore, they will be able to meet high demand and respond to the international competition, investing on new products and services establishment, as a result of technology and innovation use.
The courses are offered through eLearning platform.
Requisites for the MTIM Program
The M.T.I.M. program accepts applicants holding a graduate degree from a wide range of academic backgrounds including Engineering Schools, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Medical & Bio-medical, Military Academies and Technological Universities & Institutes from EU and non EU countries.
Program Duration & E.C.T.S.
The minimum duration of the MSc program is one (1) academic year for the full-time program and two (2) academic years the part-time program. The choice of attending either a full-time or a part-time program is compulsory and must be declared in the application platform.
To fulfill the requirements for an M.T.I.M. degree, a student must earn a minimum of seventy-five (75) ECTS credits, according to the European Credit Transfer System (E.C.T.S.).
The number of students that become admitted is set by the Steering Committee of the M.T.I.M. Program and is limited to up to 40 students/year. Admitted Students will be selected by the Steering Committee of the Program after considering the applicants’ qualifications and C.V. elements, other degree’s grades, the relevance of their qualifications to the M.T.I.M. program’s curriculum, as well as the applicants’ motivation, educational and professional background, his/her research activity (publications, conferences, research programs), recommendation letters.
Application & Required Documents
Applying for the M.T.I.M. Program requires filling in and submitting all necessary data through an on-line applications system (https://egraduate.tuc.gr/jMScApplication/?lang=en_US).
The following documents should be submitted with each application:
- Detailed CV indicating education, scientific, research, industrial, etc. experience
- Copies of the degrees/diplomas and relevant documents (properly authorized, if they are issued by non-Greek institutions), showing the grades for each course taken.
- Copies of scientific publications, other acquainted degrees, professional experience and any additional material that can support the application (e.g. Scholarships, excellence awards, awards from scientific institutions, professional experience as business executive, etc.).
- At least two recommendation letters, preferably by Academic Community members, (on the form available at the web site of the Program)
- Students whose native language is not English must include proof of competence and fluency in English language (B2) according to the article 1 of the Presidential Decree 146/2007. Otherwise, English language adequacy shall be a matter of appraisal of the Steering Committee of the Program
- A photocopy of ID or passport.
- A Photo (on application form).
Personal information entered by the applicant will be confidential.
Tuition Fees & Scholarship
Granting The tuition fees of the M.T.I.M. program are 4,000€ for EU citizens and 8,000 € for non-EU citizens. Payments should take place as indicated below:
- Full time students: three (3) installments (40%, 40% & 20%); before the beginning of each of the first two (2) semesters and right before the submission of the Master thesis completion application, accordingly
- Part time students: five (5) installments (20%, 20%, 20%, 20% & 20%) before the beginning of each of the first four (4) semesters and right before the submission of the Master thesis completion application, accordingly
According to Law 4485/2017, Article 35 par. 2, students of the M.T.I.M. Program may apply for tuition fees exemption, right after their application’s approval.
Deadline for Applications Submissions: 6th September 2020
More information is available at the Program’s webpage: www.mtim.tuc.gr or may be requested from the M.T.I.M. Office: Mrs. Loukia Papadaki tel. +30.2821 0 37161, 37302 e-mail: [email protected]
COURSE TITLE ECTS
- Production & Operations Management 7.5
- Decision Analysis & Risk Management 7.5
- Business Economics & Finance 7.5
- Marketing Management in Technology Firms 7.5
A’ SEMESTER ECTS 30
- New Product and Service Development 7.5
- Market Analysis & Consumer Behavior 7.5
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship and Intellectual Property 7.5
- Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management 7.5
B’ SEMESTER ECTS 30
MASTER THESIS 15
TOTAL ECTS 75