MSc in Cognitive Neurorehabilitation by the Cyprus University of Technology
Purpose & Aims of MSc in Cognitive Neurorehabilitation
The main purpose of the program is to train students on cutting-edge research skills in Cognitive Neurorehabilitation and with capabilities of coordinating relevant research in clinical settings. The aim of the program is to provide students with the opportunity to acquire advanced theoretical knowledge, a deeper understanding of current research and advanced skills in research methods in cognitive rehabilitation of neurological patients. The program also aims to prepare students for postgraduate studies.
The program encourages students to critically evaluate cognitive neurorehabilitation research and acquire skills for coordinating relevant research in clinical settings. The program offers students the opportunity to acquire advanced theoretical knowledge, a deeper understanding of current research and advanced skills in research methods in cognitive rehabilitation of neurological patients. The program also aims to prepare students for postgraduate studies.
The main aims are to:
- Promote innovation and focus in research and encourage independent thinking
- Promote the development of research skills in the field of Cognitive Neurorehabilitation
- Promote an understanding of the translational aspects of research in Cognitive Neurorehabilitation
- Equip students with skills and knowledge necessary for PhD studies
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the literature and the methodology in the field
- Show competency in relevant methods and techniques applicable to their own research
- Critically evaluate, analyse and interpret new research data in the framework of the subject area
- Solve problems, and demonstrate ethical consideration in research with humans
- Articulate and report research in a scientific manner and present results in a professional manner
Program’s language of instruction: English language
Enrolment on MSc Cognitive Neurorehabilitation
Applicants to the program should hold a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent. Successful applicants could come from health professionals with a Medical degree or a degree in the fields of Speech-language Therapy/Pathology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Neuroscience, Biology, and Cognitive Science. Exceptional students from related fields of study such as Philosophy, Education, and Linguistics will also be considered.
Graduates of non-English speaking universities will have to provide proof of English language. The English proficiency proof may be submitted after the application package and before classes start.
The applications together with the supporting documents are submitted electronically, via the CUT Portal
The tuition for the programs is €4,100. Click for more information on financial issues.
Structure & Courses
Total ECTS: 90
Full-time study: three (3) academic semesters
Part-time study: Completion in five or six academic semesters.
1st Semester ECTS RES 501 Research Methods and Biostatistics 8 RES 502 Brain Imaging 8 RES 503 Clinical Neurology 8 RES 504 Principles of Neurorehabilitation 6 Total 30 2nd Semester ECTS RES 505 Cognitive Neuroscience Ι 8 RES 506 Seminars in Advanced Clinical Practice in Neurorehabilitation 8 RES 507 Noninvasive Brain Stimulation 8 Elective 6 Total 30 3rd Semester (option 1) ECTS RES 508 Cognitive Neuroscience ΙΙ 8 MPH 607 Applied methods for Public Health 8 RES 509 Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) for Neurorehabilitation 8 Elective 6 Total 30 3rd Semester (option 2) ECTS RES 515 Thesis 30
RES 511 The ICF in Rehabilitation Neuroscience
RES 512 Neuroethics
RES 513 Science Communication
RES 514 Healthy life-style applications in Rehabilitation
RES 515 Single subject experimental designs (SSEDs) and investigations