The Department of Biomedical Research of the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB-BR)/ Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit 4 Ph.D. candidates. The project aims at reducing or even reversing the brain drain by providing high quality research opportunities to young scientists of Greek origin.
The Ph.D. candidates awarded these Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellowships are expected to perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH-IMBB-BR excels both on the national and the international level (https://www.imbb.forth.gr/el/research-el/biomedical-research-el).
The domains of interest in the present project are the preservation of cultural heritage and the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy and health.
More specifically, the domainof interest in the present announcement is science and innovation in the areas of health. Fellows selected by IMBB-BRare expected to join a research group working in one of the following areas of the Bio
1.Vascular biology/Signalling in endothelial cells
2. Membrane trafficking
3. Chromatin remodeling/Epigenetics
4. Stem cell biology/Regenerative Medicine
- B.Sc. in Biosciences
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the undergraduate studies
- Publications in scientific journals
- Participation in national and international conferences
- Quality of the proposed project
- According to international practice, the academic age will be taken into consideration as a selection criterion. The fellows should have started/or be about to start their Ph.D. studies. Preference will also be given to Ph.D. candidates, who are under 30 years old.
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Mrs. Ioanna Bempi, strictly between 10:00 and 13:00 ([email protected], tel. +30 2651007352).
Καταληκτική ημερομηνία: Πέμπτη 15 Νοεμβρίου 2018